Cosmetics for skin care with pimples and seborrhea has many different tasks which need to be carried out at the same time. Therefore it most often contains complexes of substances which not only matt or reduce seborrhea, but also humidify, restore and strengthen skin.
The most effective and often used ingredients:
- Lactic acid (alpha hydroxypropionic acid). Peels, disinfects and prevents reproduction of bacteria.
- Glycolic acid (hydroxyacetic acid). Has the peeling effect — inhibits activity of enzymes which maintain integrity of korneotsit therefore epidermis peels off.
- Mandelic acid. On the structure it is similar to many antibiotics, possesses strong antibacterial action, softly peels epidermis and suppresses seborrhea.
- Salicylic acid — belongs to group of beta hydroxy of acids. It peels, gets into layer of skin fat and into more deep skin layers. Will unblock the blocked sebaceous glands, cleans pores, reduces eels, has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Benzoyl peroxide — peels epidermis, cleans pores and reduces seborrhea and also slows down reproduction of bacteria.
- Retinoids — vitamin A derivatives. They peel epidermis. Their effect depends on form and concentration. In cosmetics sold without recipe Retinolum palmitate, Retinolum and retinaldegid which have rather soft effect most often are used. Prescription pimples ointments contain more concentrated retinoids — tretinoin (retinoic acid), izotretinoin, tazaroten, adapalen. They are more effective, but can strongly dry up, peel and irritate the skin therefore during treatment it is necessary to use in addition calming and moisturizing cosmetics recommended by the dermatologist.
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, regulates work of sebaceous glands, narrows pores and matts. The amino acids rich with sulfur, are also added to cosmetics against eels.
- Resolvent, slightly peels, suppresses seborrhea, regulates secretion of skin fat, narrows enlarged pores.
- Kaolin — clay with strong properties which absorb excess of skin fat. Possesses bactericidal action, cleans and closes skin pores.
- Propolis — includes, among other things flavonoids, vitamins, organic acids, proteins, enzymes, amino acids. Has antiseptic properties, prevents excessive seborrhea and recovers skin.
- Essential oils. - have antibacterial and antifungal properties, reduce inflammation of skin and secretion of skin fat, prevent formation of eels.
Cosmetics for care for pimples and oily skin includes, among other things: oils of rosemary, lemon, bergamot, tea tree, juniper, thyme and lavender.