Amber is called solar stone. Effective jewelry from it is always highly appreciated. However modern technologies offer production of analogs of amber. Therefore it is very important to know how to distinguish the original from artificial stone.
Jewelry of the pressed amber – not novelty. For production use stone crumb and pieces of material of low quality. The result is received in the course of compression in vacuum under the influence of high temperatures of initial materials.
Production of molded articles
The finished product of much general with the real amber, but has also distinctions. The basic – color. At imitation it uneven, with contrast transitions of color. The sharpness in the course of receiving opaque and transparent pieces of stone is explained by alternation.
It is impossible to call the pressed amber synthetic, but also properties of natural material in it a little: there is no warm gloss, the transparency is small.
For receiving molding take small pieces of the most qualitative copies. Production takes place in several stages:
- Crushing of material in powder.
- Filling in special capacity with limited access of air.
- Transformation to viscous weight on influence of high temperature.
- Addition, if necessary, to substance, dyes, molding of product.
Types of imitation
The reconstructed amber received by accustoming to drinking of several large minerals is more similar to the real stones. It has same characteristics and properties, as at natural semi-precious stone.
There are three known types of imitation of solar stone:
- on the basis of epoxy resin,
- on the basis of plastic;
- on the basis of glass.
How to distinguish the original from the copy
Products from epoksidka with the real stones have nothing in common. If to heat objects a little and to rub slightly, they publish aroma chemical and caustic. The original in such conditions smells of needles.
There are also other differences:
- In the pressed amber the air bubbles are identical by the size and form. In natural material they are located chaotically and vary in size.
- The plastic fake is given by high transparency and uniformity of coloring. In structure of solar stone there are inclusions, small cracks are possible.
- Carrying out by needle on surface leaves mark, thin shaving is peeled. Semi-precious stone real at such check crumbles.
- On product from glass, unlike natural amber, there will be no trace left from copper needle. From the real stones such imitation is distinguished by bigger weight.
Authentication by practical consideration
The natural stone passes light pressed beams of the sun does not reflect. In its structure the spiral or rectilinear arrangement of material is noticeable.
In the formed ambroid dye clots are noticeable. In places of contact with ether color changes.
During intensive friction to the real amber parts of pile and pieces of paper are attracted. Natural material publishes aroma of pitch, needles.
At present to the burning gas burner of plastics smokes and melts, exuding caustic smell.
If from 100 g of salt and 500 ml of water to ship products from natural stone in solution, slow immersion is noticeable. The copy from glass sinks at once. Acetone dissolves plastic analog. Amber natural does not react to such check.