The gymnastics for eyes is useful to any person, regardless of his age and sex. However in the presence of problems with organs of vision the usual training exercises can not approach any more, and the advantage of visual gymnastics will be defined by only specially picked up charging. In this case we will consider a complex of useful exercises at an astigmatism.
What is an astigmatism
Many people who personally did not face this problem, do not consider it very serious reason for visual impairment, but the astigmatism often promotes its decrease. The asheric form of a cornea or a crystalline lens forms the basis for development of an illness, and the curvature of their surface can be various.
Learn how to improve sight with the help it is wise.
For this reason in different meridians of a cornea the different refracting force of light beams is observed that considerably distorts the image. The person with an astigmatism sees the picture both with washed away, and with accurate lines which on the outlines reminds reflection in an oval spoon.
Quite often the astigmatism is followed by development of short-sightedness or far-sightedness, and as for a type of an illness, violations in the structure of a cornea meet more often. Influence of a corneal astigmatism on visual acuity of the person much more, than at a lenticular kind of a problem, the refracting ability of a cornea is more, than similar ability of a crystalline lens.
Whether you know? In Latin astigmatism means lack of a point of focusing that completely corresponds to features of manifestation of an illness. The physicist Thomas Jung who found it in himself in 1801 is considered the first who noticed a problem and started talking about it.
The axis of an astigmatism is expressed in degrees and directly depends on the direction of meridians — the conditional perpendicular lines which are on the surface of an eyeball (in the presence of a problem one of meridians roundish, and the second — more flat).
Advantage of visual gymnastics
Certainly, the visual gymnastics not the only means for treatment of an astigmatism, but it helps to accelerate this process.
The advantage of such exercises is expressed in the following:
- improvement of blood circulation in eyeball muscles that promotes fuller supply of organs of vision with oxygen;
- improvement of quality of the visual information reaching a brain;
- normalization of work of central nervous system;
- decrease in fatigue of eyes and elimination of all in its accompanying manifestations;
- stimulation of operation of plaintive channels and prevention of drying of mucous;
- prevention of development of other deviations in normal functioning of organs of vision.
Important! Formation of sight at the person completely comes to an end at 12-year age therefore performance of visual exercises in the preventive purposes will be relevant more for children, than for adults.
As for contraindications to performance of eye physical education, first of all, It should be noted peeling of a retina, existence of various inflammatory processes and the rehabilitation period after surgical interventions. In all other cases the visual gymnastics will bring only positive result.
Set of exercises at an astigmatism
As basis of a complex of eye exercises which can successfully be applied also at an astigmatism movements of an eyeball diversely and around act, and exercises on a defocusing will help to improve operability of internal eye muscles: turning an eye at first afar, it is sharply transferred to a nearby object, repeating this action several times. In case of a small amount of the objects located around it is possible to be focused on a finger which it is necessary to bring closer, to distance from a nose.
Learn what vitamins are necessary for improvement of sight.
The universal complex for sight which is successfully used and at an astigmatism, provides performance of such exercises:
- Blinkings. After strong compression a century and sharp opening of eyes it is necessary to blink within 1–2 minutes, trying to do it as fast as possible. At regular performance of exercise the inflow of blood to eyeballs and centuries considerably will improve.
- Massage. Before performance of this exercise it is very important to wash up well hands as it provides physical contact with eyes. Having closed eyelids, a little finger we begin to mass a skin fold in the top part of an eye, directing all movements from an internal part to external. In a zone of the lower folded area the circular rotations are carried out similarly, but already in the direction from an external corner to internal. When performing manipulations it is very important not to press strongly approximately.
- Blind-man's-buff. Having sat down on a chair, we become straight and, having strongly narrowed eyes, we count 3–5 seconds. Then again we open eyes and we look at the objects located around that in several seconds again to blink and repeat all actions. The total number of such repetitions usually reaches 10, but beginners can reduce this figure to 5 times. Regular use of exercise will help to strengthen eyelids and to raise the general tone of organs of vision.
- We look at a finger. In upright situation we close eyes for several seconds then we open and we look afar 10 more seconds. Then we bring a forefinger to a nose bridge, holding it at distance of 30 cm, and we turn an eye on it. We repeat all actions of 10 more times for a better training of muscles of eyes.
- The attention suits. In a standing position we part hands in the parties and we bend them in elbows a little so that they were located parallel to a floor surface. We expose a finger of the right hand forward and slowly we unbend a hand, attentively tracing a trajectory of the movement of a finger. Having completely straightened an extremity, we return it in initial situation, all this time without looking away from a finger (it is desirable to turn slightly the head). We perform the same operation also with the second hand, leading up total number of repetitions till 7-10 times.
- Falling of eyes. In a standing position we place legs more widely and, having closed eyes for several seconds, again sharply we open them. At the same time the main objective is to dart sharply a glance at a floor (the neck and the head have to remain motionless), and then to quickly translate it up, repeating this movement of 10-12 times. Such difficult movements of a look will teach you to be focused quickly on objects, without tiring eyes.
- Turns of the head. Having risen exactly and having straightened shoulders, it is necessary to turn slowly the head serially in each party, carrying out a look on all trajectory of this turn within 30 seconds.
- Relaxation (final stage). We cover with warm palms eyelids and, having reached a comfortable position, we sit so several minutes, trying by anything not to be distracted and to strain.
Important! After each exercise it is useful to blink quickly within 10–15 seconds, especially if before eyes color front sights or the blurring spots appeared.
Gymnastics for eyes at an astigmatism: video
Rules of performance of charging
Whatever exercise you carried out from a complex of visual gymnastics, there is a number of the general rules which observance will help to achieve the put results quicker.
As the main of them are considered:
- preliminary removal of contact lenses and points not to distort sight and not to injure an eyeball during sharp rotation by it;
- only comfortable position of a body allowing to achieve the maximum relaxation;
- full concentration on nuances of performance of exercise, without being distracted by external irritants;
- obligatory performance at least of one set of exercises in the morning, so far eyes did not overtire in a day yet;
- the optimum number of repetitions of a complex — 2–3 times a day, is desirable for day, but not in the evening;
- good lighting indoors that will help to lower load of organs of vision.
Whether you know? At the healthy person the size of an eyeball varies within 24 mm, and the deviation only on millimeter shares is considered admissible. If the organ of vision for some reason is more, then, most likely, the person will have short-sightedness if it is less — far-sightedness.
Upon termination of correctly executed training you have to have a feeling of ease in a zone of eyes and the frontal site. If instead you feel discomfort and constraint, so the intensity of performance of all movements was too high and next time it is necessary to pay more attention to smoothness of movement of an eyeball. For the rest no problems with visual gymnastics (in particular, and at an astigmatism) should arise.