Many owners of country houses or dachas would like to have fir-tree on the site. To fulfill this wish, they usually buy sapling in nursery. However it is possible and to replace tree independently from the next coniferous forest.
1. Wait for early spring as at this time coniferous trees take root better.
2. Choose the place for change of fir-tree on the site. It has to be in shadow and be not closer than 10-15 meters from the house and other constructions.
3. Look after in the forest young fir-tree, it is desirable about a meter high. If the chosen tree is higher, mark its South side, having tied fabric strip on branch.
4. In advance dig out hole of the necessary size that roots in it were located freely on the site. For saplings over a meter in height the hole has to be about 70 cm and about 1 meters in depth in the diameter.
5. To replace fir-tree without special damage to tree, wait for suitable weather. Optimal conditions for change – air temperature are +13-15 degrees and humid air (drizzle).
6. Dig out fir-tree and carefully put it sideways. Under roots of tree spread piece of cotton fabric about 0.5 by 0.5 m in size. Accurately connect its ends in pairs that roots of fir-tree have appeared in fabric "bag".
7. Transfer tree to the place intended for change.
8. Prepare hole for landing of tree. Fill on its bottom of the fallen-down needles or sawdust, sand and sour mineral fertilizers (for example, chloride potassium). If the soil on your site sour, it is possible to be limited only to sand. It is also good to put on bottom several granite stones which will serve as drainage.
9. If you want to replace fir-tree more than a meter high, trace that at its landing in hole the orientation on parts of the world has been observed. With it you will be helped by the fabric piece tied earlier on South side of krone.
10. Lower fir-tree roots in hole together with fabric – it should not be removed or untied. It becomes to preserve small backs.
11. Fill up roots with the soil, carefully stamping it. You watch that when landing the root neck has not been buried: it has to be 5-10 cm higher than ground level.
12. It is abundant water tree and you watch that the soil around it did not dry up.