Any soldering is based on the diffusion phenomenon, that is on penetration of particles of base metal and the melted solder each other. It also provides mechanical strength and also high conductivity of connection after hardening. The surface of metal usually becomes covered by oxide layer, being in the open air therefore before soldering the surface needs to be smoothed out.
It is required to you
- - rations;
- - gumboils;
- - hydrogen device.
1. The cleaned surface of the accumulator can be oxidized again quickly. That it has not occurred, it is necessary to apply gumboils on the processed places. Gumboils have property to increase the fluidity of the melted solder therefore soldering turns out stronger. Solders are high-melting and fusible. High-melting solders melt at temperature over 500 degrees, create high strength. Lack of solder is that he demands high temperature of heating therefore it is better not to use high-melting solders during the work with the accumulator.
2. Soft solders have not really high strength, melting temperature is up to 400 degrees. There are also special alloys as a part of which not only lead and tin and also cadmium and bismuth contains. These alloys the most fusible, their melting temperature less than 100 degrees, but mechanical strength is small. They are applied to soldering of crystals, transistors and some types of accumulators.
3. During soldering of the accumulator temperature of parts strongly increases, and the speed of oxidation increases owing to what solder badly moistens the connected parts. At the expense of it it is recommended to use various gumboils, they not only protect the surface of metal, but improve wetting of metal surface solder. Gumboils which protect metal when heating from oxidation, for example, rosin are suitable for soldering of the accumulator.
4. Irrespective of type of the used gumboil, the ration needs to wipe with the napkin, the wetted in acetone and to clean the brush wetted in solvent to remove residues of dirt and gumboil.
5. If near at hand for soldering there was only lead, then it is necessary to be careful as it is rather fusible. Even insignificant finding of lead in flame of torch can cause its melting. Therefore during soldering of the accumulator it is necessary to have flame of torch so that it has been directed not to the place of soldering, and in parallel at distance of 3-4 cm from above.
6. Heating at the same time is carried out by the hot air which is formed around flame. The solders consisting of tin and lead are not applied to soldering of plates of the accumulators manufactured of lead. Tin has property to be dissolved in electrolyte therefore it is better to use only lead. Heating of plates of the accumulator for soldering is carried out by the flame received from the hydrogen device. During opening of cranes of the mixing device there is gas mixture of air with hydrogen. When mix lights up, it is necessary to regulate supply of hydrogen and air; the nipple has to have up to 15 cm long flame.