Linoleum – one of the most demanded types of floor covering. Polyvinylchloride linoleum – artificial analog natural, made on the basis of polymeric compound of chlorine. The main characteristics of PVC of coverings – durability, moisture-proofness, elasticity, resistance to influence of alkalis and acids.
Classification of PVC of coverings
Polyvinylchloride linoleum differs depending on structure of covering:
- Homogeneous linoleum. The cloth has thickness from 1.5 to 3 mm. Drawing most often idle time. Material differs in high elasticity.
- Heterogeneous linoleum. Its basis represents the reinforcing fiberglass. The top layer is equipped with special film. The it is thicker, the indicators of wear resistance of linoleum are higher. Cloth thickness – from 2 to 6 mm. It has wide range of drawings. Differs in high rates warm and noise isolations, good depreciation properties.
Depending on range of application, linoleum is divided on:
- Created for use in premises.
- Exceeds household on strength indices and thickness. It is used in shops and large offices – where the covering with high parameters of wear resistance is necessary. In industrial rooms apply special linoleum. It differs high hydro-, zvuko- and electrical insulation, heat stability, resistance to hostile environment, etc.
- Semi-commercial. Intermediate option of covering between household and commercial. It is applied to laying in hotels, small offices, hospitals, etc.
Advantages of PVC of coverings
Polyvinylchloride linoleum – practical and favorable covering. Having the mass of positive properties, it is much lower in the price, than its natural analog. Its advantages:
- Ease of laying. The flooring of PVC of linoleum does not demand the special equipment, it can be made by own forces.
- Unpretentiousness in operation, ease in leaving that is very important in rooms with the increased passability.
- Practicality and durability.
- Availability of protective layer. Causes lack of additional resources of protection of covering.
- Durability, softness and elasticity.
- Moisture resistance.
- Resistance to influence of acids.
- Excellent zvuko- and heat-insulating qualities.
- Lack of sliding that ensures safety of movement.
- Wide range of coloring and variety of decor.
It is possible to carry to shortcomings of polyvinylchloride linoleum that chemical components are its part. However all materials undergo sanitary and epidemic control and possess the corresponding certificates confirming safety of use of covering for human health.
Magnificent decorative properties and utilization properties allow PVC to linoleum to replace laminate and carpet in bedrooms and living rooms, ceramic tile in kitchens and bathrooms. The excellent price gives the chance to save, without having lost at the same time as floor covering.