The crawl is popular style of swimming among athletes and allows to reach quickly the finish, thanks to consecutive wide fungi of hands.
To have this style down to a science, it is necessary not only to train long, but also to understand nuances of style and also to observe other general recommendations which will be considered in this article.
Origin and development of style
It is precisely unknown where also who for the first time thought up style of swimming by a crawl. Active use and distribution of style took place in 1844, thanks to competitions in swimming in London.
At that time at the Olympic Games there were American Indians who masterfully used this style and with ease overtook the European swimmers (Europeans at that time swam only a breast stroke).
The style, rather strange for British, did not please them as in the course of a heat the crawl made a lot of noise, water was sprayed in different directions.
Read in more detail than swimming for men, women and children is useful.
- Tregen, during the travel across Argentina from 1870 to 1890 became the first European inhabitant who adopted this style. However it did not manage to seize ideally a crawl.
The style was for the first time finished by Richmond Dick Kaville living in Australia, as a result it turned out to create own equipment of a crawl which soon received the name Australian crawl.
The finishing improvement was made by Charles Daniels – the American athlete who created the style which became a basis in the modern equipment. Actively began to use a crawl in sports competitions in the different countries of the world in the 20th century. At this time the two-shock crawl was popular, for its performance the swimmer had to raise highly the head, quickly make a fungus, at the same time as much as possible turning in legs.
Further technology of performance changed a little, active, but consecutive movements were carried out by legs which were slightly bent in knees.
Whether you know? The first swimming competitions are dated 1515 when in Venice the competition of swimmers was held. And when holding the first Olympic Games in 1896 the swimming was at once included in the program of competitions.
How to float a crawl on a breast: technology of swimming
To learn to float a crawl rather difficult, the equipment gives in not to everyone and to seize it as soon as possible it will not turn out.
It has many nuances which have to be considered when performing movements of different parts of a body.
Precisely to understand as it is necessary to behave on water at a heat a crawl, we will consider the main nuances.
Position of a body
The swimmer in water has to settle down almost horizontally, the corner of a raising of the case cannot exceed 10 degrees and depends on what speed is gathered by the swimmer. In process of increase in speed of the movement, the corner decreases.
Shoulders are at higher level, than hips – it is necessary to facilitate the movement of hands and to provide a possibility of involvement of muscles of the case in the course of a heat. The face of the athlete has to be in water.
The physical activity of the person is very important function of an organism. Main types of physical activity is: the Scandinavian walking with sticks, a kallanetika, crossfit, dances (a zumba, Mandala, kontemporari-dens), various directions of yoga, stretching, run on short or long distances.
Thanks to hands the main speed of advance of the athlete in water is provided.
Draft force in the course of a heat is connected with qualification of the athlete and can be about 22 kg at the Master of Sports, to 18 kg at the athlete of 1 category, up to 14 kg at the athlete 2 categories, up to 12 kg at the athlete 3 categories.
To create the maximum force of draft, it is necessary to carry out the correct movements by a brush at a grebka, creating a constant support.
Let's consider the sequence of movements for the correct reproduction of a grebk:
- Initially there is a water grab by a hand, for this purpose it is moved forward-down. Further the swimmer bends a hand in an elbow and passes to performance of the fungal movement. In a final phase, the hand is fixed in a joint, the elbow is held above a brush.
- The swimmer makes the movement for transition to the following phase which consists in pulling up and pushing away. Performance of movements happens reduction and extension of a shoulder joint, then the hand is bent and unbent in an elbow. The phase means creation of the main forces which advance the swimmer. Further the swimmer begins to carry out the main part of a grebk, for this purpose it bends a hand to advance a brush under a longitudinal axis of a body. Fingers are in a close state, as much as possible become straight at the first stage of a grebk, the elbow goes back and aside. The second phase consists in deployment of an elbow back. In end the movements which are pushing away from water, with use of a brush and a forearm are made. End by the main phase happens at the line of a basin – the maximum corner of a body is reached at this time, there is a transition from repellent movements to opposite.
- In the period of a hand vynyrivaniye, the elbow joint passes over a surface, and involves a brush. When the swimmer carries by one hand over a surface, another begins a fungus. For this purpose the palm is directed back and raised up.
- Process of the movement of a hand under water comes to an end with immersion. For this purpose the brush is located under a big corner, at first the brush, a forearm and only then a shoulder plunges.
It is important! To provide continuous traction force, it is necessary is coordinated to carry out the serial movement of hands, combining pushing away process by one hand and an opiraniye about water other hand.
Swimmers can make 6, 4, 2 movements by legs when carry out 2 grebka. Most often it is possible to meet 6 blows, such crawl is called six-shock.
That the movements of legs promoted fast movement of the swimmer, the athlete has to bend and unbend legs in joints with identical intensity. A working part which promotes the movement of a body is implementation by blow legs from top to down, the blow which is carried out from a hip is considered the most effective, in this case the hip can quicker move shins and feet.
Video: as it is correct to work as legs when swimming by a crawl at a breast At the correct placement of legs in water, feet are divorced in the parties, between them about 35 cm, socks are developed inside, thumbs practically touch each other. If the speed of the movement increases, the swimmer has to bend as much as possible legs in knees, in that case feet tower over water, there is an increase in scope of movements.
In heats on different distances it is accepted to use a certain number of blows by legs when performing two fungi. At long distances often applies a six-shock crawl, and at short and average distances use 4th or 2 a shock crawl practices.
Read also how quickly to learn to swim in the pool and whether swimming for children is useful.
How to breathe floating a crawl on a breast
Floating a crawl, it is very important to breathe correctly, breath has to be coordinated with the movements of hands. At implementation of a breath, the person smoothly turns in that party where the hand ends a fungus.
The breath is carried out at emergence of a hand from water which coincides with the party of a breath. Breath is made by a mouth, very quickly, duration no more than 0.5 second.
Video: as it is correct to breathe when swimming by a crawl
Complete process of a breath when the hand begins to slide by air, having hardly come up from water. After a breath, the head at once returns to a starting position, the swimmer manages to make it while the hand reaches the top point over water. When the swimmer develops the head, the smooth exhalation is made.
How to float a crawl on a back
Technology of performance of a heat by a crawl on a back is very similar to a heat a crawl on a breast, but has some differences allowing to carry out with higher quality necessary movements.
Position of a body
The body is located horizontally, water passes on the level of ears, a chin, shoulders in such situation rise over a surface, the basin and hips are completely shipped in water. If the speed of swimming increases, the case can rise up to 8 degrees.
We recommend to learn how to learn to float a breast stroke and how to choose shovels for swimming.
The movements of hands are divided into phases which are similar to phases at a heat a crawl on a breast, but have small differences:
- Flow which performance begins when the hand plunges into water in the straightened state, a little finger down is initially made. Then there is a deployment of a brush, in perpendicular to the movement, the party.
- The following phase consists in creation of the maximum advancing force. For this purpose the swimmer carries out a fungus the repellent movement of a hand, twisting an elbow joint back. Process of the work of a grebk is followed by uniform increase of pressure upon a luchezapyastny joint. The phase comes to the end with straightening of a hand.
- At emergence of a hand from water there is its turn (the little finger is directed to top) to fast carrying out over a surface.
- The swimmer advances a hand over a surface in the straightened state, the trajectory of advance does not matter and can differ.
The swimmer for performance of swimming movements, serially bends legs in joints. The leg is kept in the straightened situation until while it begins to cross the line of level of a body, then there is a bending.
To execute the movement from below-up, the leg has to be unbent vigorously in a knee. If it is necessary to increase speed, the maximum bending of legs in knees is made, when performing blow from top to down, foot is a little removed over a surface.
How to breathe floating a crawl on a back
The swimmer, using this equipment, lies on you sleep, and therefore has unlimited access to air. Breath is made much easier, than at a heat by a crawl on a breast. The breath is carried out when there is an advance of one hand, and exhaled – other hand. The breath is carried out about 0.45 seconds.
Whether you know? In 1930 Guy Gilpatrik, the French writer for the first time adapted aviator points for diving. To make them waterproof, he processed places of joints of a frame and glasses window putty. This element of equipment of the swimmer became widespread in the 1950th years, but a long time points were considered as dangerous as were made of glass.
Role of goggles
It is not dependent on that, you do swimming professionally, or you only master this sport, it is necessary to pick up qualitative equipment to protect the organism. Special attention needs to be paid to points which will protect eyes from continuous contact with the chlorinated water.
Points are necessary to protect mucous an eye from irritations which arise under the influence of chemical impurity in water, bacteria, an allergy or a muscular overstrain. Thanks to points there is a smoothing of cambers on a face, it will melt more streamline that allows the athlete to float a distance quicker. Points allow to reduce quantity of obstacles in a way of water that gives the chance to swimmers quicker to master various technicians in swimming.
The lack of points will affect quality of performance of movements, also losses of sight at regular contact of eyes with the chlorinated water can become the reason of development of diseases of eyes.
It will be useful for you to learn as it is possible to improve sight by means of vitamins and it is wise.
As points allow to feel to the swimmer comfortable under water, he can normally see, quicker move – it promotes achievement of the best results, than without use of this irreplaceable element of equipment of the athlete.
Allocate many mistakes in the course of mastering of the equipment of a crawl which depend on professionalism of the athlete and his personal features. Distinguish from the most widespread mistakes:
- The wrong position of the head at a heat – it is lifted highly up over water. This mistake involves the wrong position of a body of the swimmer in water – it is located poluvertikalno, hips fall much below than necessary level. The area of a support in this case minimum, the person uses the huge efforts just to keep on water, without speaking already about the speed of the movement.
- Full bending of legs in knees. Beginning to master the equipment of a crawl, the swimmer tries to work actively legs, as much as possible bending them. On it many forces and the person quickly leave is tired, besides there is a braking of speed of movement in water because the swimmer clings ankles to water.
- Head raising for a breath. For a breath, the swimmer lifts up the head up instead of turning it aside. In this case position of a body changes on semi-vertical, the movement sharply slows down, many forces are spent. Besides, such movements are very unhealthy as they influence a condition of a bearing, necks. Also to make a normal breath it will hardly turn out, water will get into a nose and all pleasure from swimming to be replaced by unpleasant feelings in a nasopharynx.
- Rocking of a trunk on a vertical axis. The beginning athletes often cannot catch a rhythm of movements, they strongly raise and lower legs and hands. Rocking often comes in the course of a raising of legs from water at blow.
- Shortage of rotations of a trunk. Often beginning athletes confuse rotation with rocking which is a mistake in the equipment of a crawl. Avoiding excess movements by a trunk, some float flatwise that influences misoperation of hands, the movement slows down.
Important! The body in the course of the movement by hands, has to slide smoothly here and there, thus the maximum speed is reached, the minimum of forces is spent.
Video: The most important mistakes when swimming by a crawl
How to improve results
Professional athletes, except long trainings in the pool, watch the diet, go to gym, support healthy and active lifestyle, without it it is impossible to achieve desirable results at competitions.
Very important for the athlete to eat properly that food was the most nutritious and useful to an organism.
First of all it is necessary to remember that swimmers treat people with high physical activity therefore the amount of the consumed food has to be more usual. It is very important to pay attention to quality consumed write, it has to be the most natural.
The correct day diet of the swimmer consists of a large amount of proteins and carbohydrates, but you should not forget also about useful fats.
Learn more about value of proteins and carbohydrates for a human body.
It is also very important to observe intervals between meal and trainings.
For example, it is necessary to eat food not later than an hour before visit of the pool and not earlier, than in 1.5 hours after the training. To achieve success and to have desirable style down to a science, it is necessary to train long and persistently.
Important! Interval trainings carry out no more than 3 times a week that the organism managed to be restored after strong loading.
The regularity of trainings is also very important, only in that case it will turn out to support itself in shape. When the organism becomes rather hardy, the trainer is advised to resort to interval trainings which allow to improve own opportunities.
Such trainings consist of a short heat at full capacity (up to 30 seconds), and then slow swimming in the weakened state (up to 30 seconds). Alternating different types of loading it is necessary to work from 7 to 10 cycles.
Also very important for the athlete of a message active and a healthy lifestyle. Except regular trainings in the pool, the athlete has to visit gym, constantly support a body in the tightened state, develop endurance, force, reaction. Professional swimmers completely refuse alcohol and tobacco products which have negative effect on the general condition of an organism, subjecting bodies to various diseases.
Learn whether it is possible to find though some advantage in electronic cigarettes.
When the athlete has problems with health he completely it cannot is impossible to give all the best and achieve the maximum result.
Thus, the crawl is rather old and well studied technology of swimming which is still very popular and takes the leading positions among others the technician. To learn to float a crawl on a back and a breast, it is necessary to consider all nuances of performance of movements and to follow recommendations which are specified in this article.
Responses of users of network
I here for example a crawl float if on distance - that without grebk practically, hands move with the purpose to keep on water. then it turns out not to be tired longer. And a breast stroke it is possible to float as much as long, in my opinion, :) t. to almost any efforts you do not undertake, immersion and emersion (at me on kr to a measure) partially occurs in the course of breath (a breath - immersion, then emersion - and the simultaneous exhalation) t.e air in lungs helps to emerge, and it is only necessary to hold inclined situation and to move forward. the %) so alternately manages to be floated that that about 700 meters. if cleanly a crawl - that meters 300. then legs are tired, strangely enough. And about not immersion of the head - the neck is tired, and Akwa - dynamics worsens.
Progress requires more investments, imho, than 2 times a week. At least 5 times a week go in the mornings, to watch the equipment with the trainer, to try to do an extension time 3-4 in a week, I do in the evenings. For endurance the breathing exercises are + bought the exercise machine for a training of lungs on a breath and an exhalation, for the first few months the delay of breath of percent on 20 on feelings is pumped over.