The well-known proverb says: "To learn to float, it is necessary to get into the water". Therefore for a start choose the place where you will study: the pool or the open superficial reservoir, it is desirable without strong current.
1. Before directly learning to float, learn to breathe, having shipped the thorax in water. Be not afraid of water, relax, calm the breath and evenly you breathe, holding the head over water. If you are frightened, will be clamped and will cease to breathe, it will be much more difficult to you to float.
2. Try that on your first occupations there was as little as possible the distracting factors, water was pleasant for the body, there was no strong wind and disorders and that though somebody looked after you. Ideal option – the pool. Or the sea as salty water helps to learn to float.
3. Come into water up to the breast, inhale and hold the breath. Right after it plunge into water, tighten knees to the breast and record them hands. Bury the nose in knees and you keep so much on how many there will be enough breath. Repeat exercise until you overcome fear of water and you won't feel in it freely.
4. Come into water up to the breast and be developed facing the coast. Having vigorously made a start legs and having extended hands forward, lay down the breast on the water surface so that your body began to slide towards the land. Having ended sliding, get up. After development of this exercise, complicate it. During sliding do fungal foot movements by the principle of flippers. Movements have to be easy, not too vigorous, and socks of legs extended. Try to relax during sliding.
5. Connect to arm movement sliding. So that to float dog style, you hold the bent hands before yourself shoulder width apart. Serially get hands water under yourself, watching that movements were uniform and quiet. You hold the head over water. Float so long on how many there will be enough forces.
6. Surely you monitor breath. You breathe through the nose, slightly blow out cheeks, hold the head over the water surface, rejecting it as much as possible back. After you master this type of swimming, try to lower the chin in water to relax neck muscles.
7. Try other style of swimming. Do foot movements in frog style: tightening to itself and pushing away at the same time both legs. By hands do circular motions, pushing away water from themselves. The left hand has to move counterclockwise synchronously from right which has to describe the semi-circle clockwise. Having mastered this style, you will be able to swim long and almost without fatigue.